Digital Nomad Visa
Spain Digital Nomad Visa
The visa for international teleworking, allows to enter and reside in Spain for a maximum of one year while its holders work for themselves or for employers anywhere in the world.
In addition, the authorization of residence for international teleworking allows foreigners who are already in Spain on a regular basis, for example, those who are studying in Spain or those who are holders of a teleworking visa and are going to exhaust that year of residence and want to continue in Spain, to apply for an authorization for a maximum period of three years, renewable for a period of two years, being able to obtain permanent residence after five years.
You can also connect with our online expert for further details.
Time to residency
Minimum 183 days every year, and for the single leave not exceeding 6 months
190 countries and regions
15% for the first four years of living in Spain
2nd in the world
Program launched in 2022
Investment and Business Requirements:
To obtain an 188A visa, you need to meet the following investment requirements:
1. Personal and family assets under the couple shall not be less than AUD 1.25 million.
2. In two of the past four fiscal years, the annual turnover of the company has not been less than AUD 750,000.
3. In two of the past four fiscal years, the couple have owned no less than 30% of the company, or not less than 10% if it is a listed company.
4. Scoring 65 and higher in SkillSelect Expression of Interest (EOI) System.
To apply for a Digital Nomad Visa, you need to fulfill following requirements:
1. Must be a citizen outside of the European Economic Area.
2. A clear criminal record.
3. Be qualified to work in their field, as evidenced by a university degree or work experience.
4. Proof of sufficient income (it will be at least €2,160 / month).
5. Proof you have worked remotely for a minimum of 1 year by a non Spanish Company (either freelance or with a contract).
6. Proof your work may continue to be done remotely.
7. If you are working for an employer you will need to show you are under contract for a minimum of 3 months and you are allowed to work remotely.
8. If you are a freelance working, you must show you have a minimum of one client based outside of Spain, showing your terms and conditions allowing you to work remotely.
9. Provide eligible Health insurance, and pass the Physical Examination.
10. Be over 18 years old.
1. Digital nomad tax regime
During the first four years of living in Spain, digital nomads will pay a 15% tax instead of the standard base of 24%.
2. No Investments
The only requirement you need to meet is that you have the remote work to support yourself for the duration of your stay.
3. Get Long Term Residency And Citizenship
After 5 years, you can apply for a long-term residency permit, provided that you meet the minimum stay requirements. Once you have your residence permit, you can start the path towards citizenship.
4. EU travel
After obtaining the DNV, applicants can apply for a residence card such as the TIE, which allows them to travel freely within the European Union.