Singapore Family Office
There has been a growing demand for high-net worth families to set up family offices as a means to wealth accumulation and inheritance. As families are transitioning into the next generation, they seek for destination which could best serve their interest in implementing simple, compliant, feasible and tax efficient structure worldwide. In this sense, Singapore comes first.
Time to permit
No residency requirement
192 countries and regions
No taxation on capital gains or shareholder dividends
2nd in the world
Program launched in 2004
To apply for Singapore Family Office, you need to satisfy following requirements:
1. Investment amounts to a minimum of SGD 10 million and a commitment to manage assets up to SGD 20 million within two years. The process of capital accumulation and the source of funds should be well explained. 10% of the total investment under management within each family office structure should be invested domestically in Singapore.
2. Annual business spending (including salary, rent, annual audit and bookkeeping fees, accounting fees, structure maintenance fees, etc.) of the fund reaches SGD 200,000.
3. Each family office structure requires at least 2 asset managers, who can be family members capable of capital management. Managers of family office can apply for the EP to come to Singapore.
4. For managers of family office to apply for EP, applicants should i)have no criminal records or other undesirable records, ii)are not politically exposed persons (serving or affiliated), and iii)are not citizens of the United States or Canada.
1. By setting up a family office structure in Singapore and managing investment from SGD 10 million, high-net worth families can enjoy carefree succession of generation.
2. Simple arrangement of establishing two family office structures qualifies for tax exemption.
3. A family office structure provides access to at least two EPs, which is a feasible route towards Singapore permanent residence and eventually citizenship.