Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
Known as QMAS, it is the first talent-oriented immigration program by the HKSAR government, seeking to attract highly skilled or talented persons to settle in Hong Kong to enhance Hong Kong's competitiveness in different aspects. Applicants fulfilling either one of the two point-based tests can be accepted to the quota allocation. Successful applicants will be issued with a visa/ entry permit to resettle in Hong Kong. QMAS is not applicable to nationals of Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam.
Time to residency
No residency requirements
172 countries and regions
No capital gains tax, inheritance, etc.
19th in the world
Program launched in 2006
To apply for Hong Kong QMAS, you need to satisfy following requirements:
1. The applicant must be aged 18 or above.
2. The applicant must be able to demonstrate the capability of supporting and accommodating himself/herself and his/her dependants, usually by making a deposit of HKD 250,000 for single applicant and HKD 450,000 for family application.
3. The applicant should not have any criminal record or adverse immigration record in Hong Kong or elsewhere.
4. The applicant should be proficient in written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) or English.
5. The applicant should have a first degree from a recognized university or a tertiary educational institution.
1. Applicants enjoy great flexibility as they will not have to secure a job offer in advance. There is no specific requirement or endorsement necessary for the employer as well.
2. Spouse and unmarried children under the age of 18 can be accompanying the principal applicant to enter Hong Kong. Accompanying children are entitled to enjoy free public education, while spouse can also work in Hong Kong legitimately.