This program is designed for individuals who wish to enter or stay in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for investment as entrepreneurs under the General Employment Policy (GEP), i.e. to establish or join a business in the HKSAR.
The Investment as Entrepreneurs category is quota-free and non-sector specific.
This entry arrangement does not apply to:
a. Chinese residents of the Mainland; and
b. Nationals of Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam.
1. College diploma with 10 years of real work experience; or bachelor degree or above with 5 years of real work experience; and
2. The applicant should be a shareholder or senior executive of a company outside Hong Kong, able to provide a certificate of employment; and
3. The company outside Hong Kong where the applicant works is expected to have a turnover of more than HKD 3 million; and
4. The applicant should be a founder or shareholder of a Hong Kong company which is in an industry associated with their past work experience, with a physical office and at least 2 local full-time employees in Hong Kong; and
5. The applicant must have business ties with Hong Kong or engage in real business operations in Hong Kong and can provide a corresponding business certificate.
Spouse and children under 18 can apply for dependent visa together with the principal applicant.
Lower eligibility criteria — diploma is acceptable, with no strict limits to previous employers
Fast and simple — Applicants can obtain the visa in about 2-3 months after submission, without the need for an interview, physical examination, investment, etc.
High success rate — the success rate can reach up to 90%