Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
Hong Kong Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
The CIES is a migration scheme introduced by The Government of the Hong Kong SAR to facilitate the entry for residence by capital investment entrants who need not to be engaged in business operation. The scheme enables eligible persons migrate to Hong Kong by investing not less than HK$30 million in Permissible Investment Assets.
Time to permit
6-9 months （processing speed depends on Immigration Department of Hong Kong）
171 countries and regions
19th in the world
1. be aged 18 or above when applying for entry under the Scheme
2. have net assets of not less than HK$30 million to which he is absolutely beneficially entitled throughout the two years preceding his application
3. have invested within six months before submission of his application to the Immigration Department, or will invest within six months after the granting of approval in principle by the Immigration Department, not less than HK$30 million in permissible investment asset classes as detailed in “Permissible Investment Asset Classes;
4. have no adverse record both in Hong Kong and country/region of residence
1. The most relaxed application conditions, no education required, no need to start a business, no background, just investment!
2. The visa can be renewed only if the funds are not withdrawn with no employer required for renewal.
3. There is no need to check the length of residence in HK after seven years, applicants can unconditionally obtain the right to live in Hong Kong forever.
4. While many investment immigration schemes have a single investment orientation, the Hong Kong Investment Entry Scheme can have a variety of financial products to choose from.
1. Profits tax for the first HK$2 millions of profits of corporations is 8.25 percent. Profits above that amount will be subject to the tax rate of 16.5 percent. For unincorporated business (i.e. partnerships and sole proprietorships), the two-tiered tax rates will correspondingly be set at 7.5 percent and 15 percent.
2. Salaries tax with standard rate of 15 percent
3. Property tax of 15 percent
4. No sales tax or VAT
5. No withholding tax on dividends and interest
6. No capital gains tax
7. No tax on dividends
8. No estate tax
Entrants or the dependants of an entrant admitted under the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme (“the Scheme”) may apply for extension of stay within 3 months before their limit of stay expires.
To be eligible for an extension of stay, the entrant must continue to satisfy the requirements of the Scheme throughout the period after he has been granted permission to stay. In maintaining the entrant’s portfolio, he should comply with the portfolio maintenance requirements and the rules on any switches of his investment.