UK Innovator Visa
International investors who wish to set up a business in the UK can apply for the Innovator visa, which allows them to work for their own business legitimately in the country. The business or the business idea must be new to the UK market and demonstrate potential for growth.
Time to residency
No residency requirement
187 countries and regions
Remittance basis of taxation
6th in the world
Program launched in 2019
Investment and Business Requirements:
To obtain an 188A visa, you need to meet the following investment requirements:
1. Personal and family assets under the couple shall not be less than AUD 1.25 million.
2. In two of the past four fiscal years, the annual turnover of the company has not been less than AUD 750,000.
3. In two of the past four fiscal years, the couple have owned no less than 30% of the company, or not less than 10% if it is a listed company.
4. Scoring 65 and higher in SkillSelect Expression of Interest (EOI) System.
To apply for a UK Innovator Visa, you need to fulfill following requirements:
1. The applicant must have an original business idea which is new and different from anything else on the market, and prove its viability and potential for growth. The business or the business idea has to be endorsed by an approving body.
2. The applicant should be at least 18 years old.
3. The applicant needs to meet the English language requirement.
4. The applicant has to provide proof of personal savings to sufficiently support themselves while in the UK.
5. The applicant should pass the TB test and provide certificate of no criminal conviction.
1. The applicant can bring eligible dependants to the UK, including the spouse and the children under the age of 18.
2. The applicant and the family can travel abroad and return to the UK with multiple entries.
3. The applicant can apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) after living in the UK for 3 years and meet the other eligibility requirements.