Canadian permanent resident card holders who want to renounce their residency status for subjective or passive reasons, may need to apply for status renunciation. Especially for those who have overseas assets in Canada and running into problems in double taxation. Or for those who previously hold Canadian immigration status but failed to meet residential requirement and plan to revisit Canada as a visitor.
1. The Applicant must have the citizenship or permanent residency of another country in order to voluntarily give up the permanent resident status in Canada.
For applicants who are under the age of 18, a written consent from the guardian will be required.
2. The application to renounce the permanent residency will not affect the family members of the applicant unless they have also submit the application to renounce their PR status. If the applicant has a family class immigration application that is still under trial, it will be suspended immediately, and the application for to renounce the Canadian PR status will be approved and the application fee will not be refunded.
3. Once the Immigration Department of Canada have received the application to renounce the PR status, the applicant will lose all his/her rights to enjoy the social welfare in Canada. Also, after the applicant has renounced his/her PR status, he/she is not allowed to apply for the Canadian citizenship.
4. The status of applicants who have submitted the application to renounce the PR status during his/her stay in Canada will be converted to a visitor visa. The maximum length of stay will be 6 months. If the person would like to apply for an extension, he/she will needs to receive an approval from the immigration department. While waiting for the approval, he/she is not allowed to study or work in Canada.
5. If the applicant is submitting her/his application abroad, he/she must apply for a visitor visa before his/her visit to Canada.
I am Cat from Globevisa Hong Kong. With years of experience in Immigration Industry, I am sure that I can assist you on all immigration issues. If you have any inquiries on "Skilled Worker Immigration", "Immigration by Investment", "Passport & Citizenship
I provide practical solutions from immigration, overseas study and wealth management.
I offer suitable advice to my clients by understanding their needs and goals.
I have 5+ years of experience in immigration, visas and others, praised by my clients over the years.
I'm experienced in citizenship, investment, skill and entrepreneur migration.
Professional immigration consultant specialised in Education, Passport and Wealth Management. Provide comprehensive solutions to clients and their family to start their immigration journey.
Hi I am Principal immigration consultant Joanna. I was educated in Australia, been working in Hong Kong, Australia and Shanghai. I Like traveling around the world. I am here to provide advice to clients about citizenship planning ,investment and taxation
Professional immigration consultants, have worked abroad experience, focus on investment, strong secrecy, passport application, overseas education, all the immigration plan, I sincerely take care of your need, serve you wholeheartedly.
Studying and work aboard for more than 10 years. Completed Undergraduate and Master Degree in UK. Area of specialization : Usage of passports, Immigration and customs policy, global tax system.
10-year experience in the UK. Having worked as auditor, I am familiar with taxation system, government policy and education of Europe. Enjoy travelling and meeting people from different parts of the world. Looking forward to helping clients fulfill dreams
Studied and lived in the U.S. and Australia for many years, experienced in dealing with immigration policies. Worked at Accounting CPA firm with rich knowlegde in company registration and taxation. Hope my experience can help you customize the most suitab
This is Oscar from HK with working experience in Sweden/UK/Japan/ShangHai. Expertise in the Tax systems and local cultures, I knew a wide range of specialists in different fields. Hope to help you with your immigration plan.
Hello, I am Hannah. I have been to more than 20 countries. I can speak 5 languages (English, Cantonese, Chinese, Korean and Japanese). Learning is never enough, stay hungry stay foolish.
It's always blessed to travel or live overseas, to see the diversity of different cultures, and meet friends from countries, with all those knowledge and experience I had. It will always be my greatest pleasure to share and can help you on anything. :)
Choose the company you expect to call