Canadian permanent resident card holders who want to renounce their residency status for subjective or passive reasons, may need to apply for status renunciation. Especially for those who have overseas assets in Canada and running into problems in double taxation. Or for those who previously hold Canadian immigration status but failed to meet residential requirement and plan to revisit Canada as a visitor.
1. The Applicant must have the citizenship or permanent residency of another country in order to voluntarily give up the permanent resident status in Canada.
For applicants who are under the age of 18, a written consent from the guardian will be required.
2. The application to renounce the permanent residency will not affect the family members of the applicant unless they have also submit the application to renounce their PR status. If the applicant has a family class immigration application that is still under trial, it will be suspended immediately, and the application for to renounce the Canadian PR status will be approved and the application fee will not be refunded.
3. Once the Immigration Department of Canada have received the application to renounce the PR status, the applicant will lose all his/her rights to enjoy the social welfare in Canada. Also, after the applicant has renounced his/her PR status, he/she is not allowed to apply for the Canadian citizenship.
4. The status of applicants who have submitted the application to renounce the PR status during his/her stay in Canada will be converted to a visitor visa. The maximum length of stay will be 6 months. If the person would like to apply for an extension, he/she will needs to receive an approval from the immigration department. While waiting for the approval, he/she is not allowed to study or work in Canada.
5. If the applicant is submitting her/his application abroad, he/she must apply for a visitor visa before his/her visit to Canada.
Over 10 years of experiences in immigration industry. Specialized in Passport, Investment & Asset Management field. Serving over 500 high-ended clients all over the world. We can ensure to deliver the best service for you.
Graduated from the UK, I am a professional, enthusiastic consultant based in Hong Kong. I can speak fluent English, Mandarin, and Cantonese. I am dedicated to choosing the most suitable program for your relocation planning.
I am Cat from Globevisa Hong Kong. With years of experience in Immigration Industry, I am sure that I can assist you on all immigration issues. If you have any inquiries on "Skilled Worker Immigration", "Immigration by Investment", "Passport & Citizenship
Good Problem Solver. Graduated from the U.S., can speak English & Chinese fluently. Understanding the cultural difference, I can Share you the wealth management planning and Help you move toward the NEXT Chapter life.
Choose the company you expect to call