1. The applicant must be a permanent resident of Canada.Ā
2. The applicant must be at least 18years old. If not, the application must be submitted by the parents on behalf of the child.Ā
3. The applicant must be able to have sufficient English and French spoken and written communication skills.Ā
4. The applicant must have an understanding about the history , political system and geography of Canada. The applicant must also know about the civil right and responsibilities that he/she is having after becoming a Canadian citizen.Ā
5. Have lived in Canada for at least 3years(1095days) in the recent 5years.Ā
6. The applicant have no illegal records in the files of the police and the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
7.Ā The applicant must attend a ceremony and take the Oath of Allegiance to Canada.Ā
8. The person must have tax records in Canada for at least 3years in the recent 5years.Ā